Re: Engine recommission - advice? (Not Alpine)

To: SunbeamAlpine64@aol.com
Subject: Re: Engine recommission - advice? (Not Alpine)
From: tom.hill@att.net
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:08:50 +0000
Mark,

I would take the plugs out, squirt a little oil in each cylinder and crank the
engine with the coil wire disconnected until the oil pressure comes up.  Then
replace the plugs and reconnect the coil wire and proceed as normal.  This
should lubricate the cylinder walls and get oil back into all the right places
before the engine is refired.  In addition, this should producing copious
amounts of oil smoke when the engine first starts so don't do it in the garage
and do have an extra set of plugs handy.

My $0.02USD,

Tom Hill