Re: [Re: alpine fastback wanted]

To: <turbo1428@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: alpine fastback wanted]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:59:26 -0500
Joe,

I am assuming that by saying you a looking for a fastback, you are referring
to the 1969-1970 Sunbeam Alpine and Sunbeam Alpine GT cars.  These looked like
mini-Barracudas of the same era.

There is a 1969 Alpine Coupe (not GT) for sale somewhere in the southern part
of the US.    An internet search should bring it up.  They are asking some
huge amount of money ($15,000???) I think.  The car is dark blue with a black
interior.  It has a cast iron head engine with a single carb and a manual
transmission.  It has UNDER 500 miles on it (no mistake, that is under 500
miles).  Long story, but the engine had to be rebuilt when new, so it sat at
an old Sunbeam dealer for 30+ years.  If you are looking for probably the best
'69 Alpine coupe in teh world, that has got to be it.  It even smells new.

If that is a bit too much for you (it was far too much for me!), try calling
British Auto at 315-986-3097 and ask for Mark.  He has a well used, but quite
restorable '69 Alpine GT (twin carb model), plus several parts cars (believe
me, these are ONLY parts cars).

Jan Eyerman (owned 2 1/2 '69 Alpine GTs and loved them!)

"Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au> wrote:
Joe,

Although I can't help with cars for sale, here's a site that deals with
fastback Alpines and Rapiers.

http://www.sroc.org.uk/

Russ