Re: Round headlight rings

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Round headlight rings
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 18:31:54 -0700
Headlight rims off of a MGB, MG Midget, and Nash Metropolitan will all work
on an Alpine, to include the buckets themselves. I have seen them firsthand
and know. I would imagine that these are the same as a Triumph Spitifire and
othe Leyland cars. A close look at cars that raced during the 60's will
reveal that many cars used these rims to affect aerodynamics. One examle
would be the tiger lemans cars. They are not a perfect fit, and the early
Husky or Mk II Tiger rims would appear a lot better, but when the actual
parts are not available, they will work and look "almost" right.