Re: Pisser

To: <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pisser
From: "Paul Tring" <paultring@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:43:47 -0000
I must have changed thousands of cylinders over the years (and stripped a
few threads in the early years) until I realised the problem usually lies
with the fact that the pipe nut had been overtightened resulting in the nut
becoming"belled" where it contacts the flare making almost impossible to
start the thread correctly.You can either replace the nut or use a file to
clean it up and it will screw in with your fingers before tightening it .
Paul