Re: Loose Differential Ring Bolts

To: <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Loose Differential Ring Bolts
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:09:35 -0500
Jay, my rear end is late 1942 original equipment.  Unmodified, but somewhat
spreadout from continual use.
How many miles are on your Series V differential?  When I took mine apart
(speedo broke at 67,000 miles) every bolt was removeable by finger.  I would
think you might have the only one that has held together like it was
supposed to.  Hate to ask a stupid question after making the smart ass quip,
but what is self adjusting on your unit?  Brakes??  If so, that's how mine
is equiped.
Bill