RE: [66 Sunbeam Station Wagon]

To: "Jan Eyerman" <jan.eyerman@usa.net>,
Subject: RE: [66 Sunbeam Station Wagon]
From: "Denis STEVENS" <dstevens@online.fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 00:23:43 +0100
Hi there

Didn't take that long to get informations !
Jan was right, car is absolutely similar to Hillman Super Minx (Mark III or
IV, it is a 66 model) but badged Sunbeam ex Rootes factory (no further
modification) and consequently officially registered as a Sunbeam. Car is
only a second hand one and has been purchased by current owner in Canada to
former Sunbeam distributor over there, this latter really wanted an estate
car for service operations back in the old days and consequently claimed
Rootes to get a Sunbeam and not a Hillman Super Minx estate. This could be
one of the only ones Sunbeam estate since as far as I know there has never
been any in Europe in the mid sixties.
I have one pic of it for those of you interested or you can check it out at
following link http://www.autosinternational.fr/ (adverts)

Thanks to everyone for informations, this has really been teasin' me

Denis
B395013232LRX