Re: sv steering box

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>, "mbgardner"
Subject: Re: sv steering box
From: "Bob Berghult" <alpinebob@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 21:38:00 -0400
I had the same problem and couldn't find a plug the correct size.  So, I got
one a little bigger and started to grind on it until it fit, then I took
some blue permatex and used that as a seal.  Haven't had a leak in over a
year.  What I use is Gear Oil from NAPA SAE 80W-85W-90.  The steering seams
to be working fine.
Bob Berghult
Series IV 39 (mine)
Series II 30 (wife's)