Clutch sticking

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch sticking
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 07:38:49 -0700
I need a little technical advice. On the car I recently bought, the clutch
was sticking. I managed to get it free, and I replaced all of the seals in
the slave and master cylinders, but the clutch pedal requires a severe force
to make it work, and even then, there might be some grinding of gears The
lever is making a very long travel, so I suspect the clutch disk is not
sliding on the input shaft. Any suggestions? Secondly, whenever the clutch
is depressed, the engine RPMs take a nose dive, sometimes it even stalls.
This has got to be bad, but is it anything other than thrust washers? Lou