Re: Stromberg T Fitting

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stromberg T Fitting
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:05:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/12/02 3:27:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kasl100@navix.net writes:

> I believe Rick stocks the plastic T fitting for the Stromberg 150 carbs.
>  I have tried them in the past and they leak. Is their an alternative
>  fitting available? If not, I can try this again, but am asking if anyone
>  else has had this problem, why they leak, and what can be done to
>  correct. It seems plastic over metal is not a very tight seal. Thanks Brent

Are your inlet pipes intact?  Many have been snipped short by PO's in order
to fit individual hoses.

Also, check the alignment of the inlet pipes.  Many sets of old Stromberg
pipes don't come close to lining up (wrong gaskets, unequal torquing?),
leading to leaking or premature T-fitting failure.

Dick Sanders
Kent, Wash.