Brighter dash lights! Sooner than you thought!

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brighter dash lights! Sooner than you thought!
From: "paul almjeld" <palmjeld@mit.midco.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:44:39 -0500
Bob and all:

I found the information hiding on my home computer.

You Light up my Life!

Remember that song from a few years back?   It's what came to mind during a
trip to the local Radio Shack store. A quick, easy way to improve the night
visibility of the Alpine and Tigerdash gauges is to substitute the original
bulbs with some that have
slightly more output.  Radio Shack has available a screw base lamp rated at
14.4 volts, 200 mA that is an easy replacement for those dim original bulbs.
The Radio Shack #1487 lamps come packaged in pairs and can be found hanging
in the bulb display area of your local RS store.  They carry a 1.4MSCP
brightness label and are rated at an average life of 30 hours. They provide
improved illumination without so much brightness as to be annoying.  I have
replaced all the
original bulbs in my Series V.  For evening or night driving they are a
significant improvement
over the originals.