So Cal TT

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: So Cal TT
From: SerIIAlpine@netscape.net
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:05:06 -0400
I just got back from Northern California on a ride called the California Melee.
 Kind of  California Mille for those of us that don't have Ferraris
and Maseratis.  Anyway, it was a blast.

All pre '75 cars from Alfa Sprint Speciale to a spridget with a mazda 13b.
After a sunk float was remedied with some JB Kwick weld my '62 alpine performed
flawlessly showing those silly MG and austin healey guys that an english car
can be quick quiet handle like a dream and not leak oil(headlight switch broke
[damn lucas])

The sad thing was that there was only one other Sunbeam there a serII Tiger.
We had a blast chasing each other through the twisties.

Anyway the reason I'm sharing all of this with you is because there is another
rally: The So Cal TT coming up on October 20th and 21st an it would be great to
see a stronger representation of these fine Sunbeam cars.

The route is really great: Angeles Crest hwy Big Bear etc. to yucca valley 1st
day and then down through Idlewylde and on to Mt Palomar and back up to LA on
day 2.

The following is the body of the email invite I got. PLEASE! get out and DRIVE
your Sunbeams it's a great group of enthusiasts and I assure you of a great
time.

Thanks

Eric
'62 serII

I am pleased to announce.....

So Cal TT 2002

What :  a 600 mile rally for pre 1976 road going contraptions with four
wheels.

When :  9:00 am Sunday, October 20, 2002 thru 9:00 pm Monday, October 21,
2002.

Where : Begins in Los Angles, California in the vicinity of Echo Park; Over
night in the Yucca Valley; Return to Los Angeles.  The tour will consist of
a variety of mountain roads (twisty), and some desert roads.  At least 95%
of the route will be paved.

How much :  $100 for you and your car.  $30 extra if you want to take a
passenger.

What you get for your entry fee : Accommodations at a hotel in Yucca Valley;
Dash plaques; Rally stickers; Awards dinner and ceremony; whatever else I
can supply for a measly hundred bucks.

Please contact me directly if you are unable to open the attached
application.
Tad  213 975 1144  tanjent@earthlink.net