thinking the worst!

To: okwelty@hotmail.com
Subject: thinking the worst!
From: "Rick Harrison" <beamertwo@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:34:02 +1000
original message:
I will share in your embarassment if it is the battery connections. I once
laid in a gravel parking lot in the rain changing a starter only to find the
problem was bad battery connections. That is why they call it experience.

O.K. Welty III

I can beat that - I once got a call from my wife telling me her Hillman
Gazelle wouldn't start, so...
-left work early
-tried to start her car ... click... sounds like a stuck starter
-put car in gear, rocked backwards and forwards, - no change
-rocked backwards and forwards violently! - no change
-decided the engine must be siezed and towed the Hillman the 30 miles home
behind the Alpine.
-at home - pulled the head off - nothing
- pulled the sump off - nothing
- looked up at the squared end of the starter motor - applied the spanner -
yes, it was the starter motor after all!
-put everything back together and got to bed around 3:30am what fun!!

I always look more closely for the easy answers now.

Rick Harrison