Trunk Hinges

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trunk Hinges
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 16:00:04 -0500
What is the correct way to attach a S5 trunk lid to the body? Based on
the manual. I only see references to the four bolts that hold the hinge
onto the trunk, but not the two that are used for the body. What type of
fastener is it, bolt, screw ? I assume it attaches from the underside of
the body deck and up to the hinge receiver. Any help appreciated. We
tried using a bolt but when the trunk was closed, the force of the hinge
pulled the bolt out from the hinge, which is why I inquired earlier
about a helicoil to save this hinge. Thanks Brent