Racing Alpines...

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing Alpines...
From: steven silverstein <milano164@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:59:19 -0400
John,

I have been putting together a website of Alpines racing.
Primarily, historic vintage photos and details.

http://www.racingalpines.org/

Webers were used on the Harrington Alpines but in the SCCA
they made them run in F modified from the records I have.
Of course, the Harrington would have been placed in the
FM class regardless due to the body modifications. The limited numbers
that were produced (I don't know if this holds true for the Harrington
LeMans which I think the volumes were large enough but I have found
no evidence of the LeMans or any other Harringtons running in a
Production class) I think made it qualify for the Modified class.

I know that many of the West coast guys are currently running Webers
but some are still running the downdraft Zeniths.  Currently, I
am running the side draft Strombergs which I think felt less
responsive to the downdraft Zeniths I had on last year.

I hope to test both setups on a chassis dyno in a couple of
weeks.  It only takes a short while to change and I would like
to know the strength's of each carb setup.

A limited slip is very effective and will help the handling of
your car substantially.  I am simply amazed at how
solid my car feels going through corners.   Basically,
I am running Konis, 7/8" front sway bar, dearched rear
springs, LSD and Goodyear Sports Car Specials.

Steve Silverstein