Trunk Hinges

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trunk Hinges
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:56:06 -0500
I believe the trunk hinges are made from pot metal then chromed. We are
having problems affixing bolts into the trunk hinge that connects at the
car body with the single hex fine bolt. They have been abused in the
past and are not holding the threads well, especially when centering the
hard top pins into the trunk hinge. Are these repairable? Can a solid
bolt be JB Welded permanently into this single hole and centered for use
onto the car body? The chrome looks in very good shape. Any ideas?
Thanks Brent