Re: Better contact cement?

To: <CANISDOG@aol.com>, <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>,
Subject: Re: Better contact cement?
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:30:27 -0700
The 3-M spray stuff is GARBAGE! All it's good for is making a gooey, sticky
mess! Likewise, Weldwood contact cement. It will take a couple days to set.

When I made a custom seat for my Lotus 61 a couple months ago (aluminum
backrest and side panels covered with naugahyde and high density molded foam
seat cushion also covered with naugahyde) I found that LOCKWOOD Contact
Adhesive worked best. The can also has a brush applicator in the cap. I used
two coats of the stuff on the foam and naugahyde, letting each coat dry the
specified time listed on the can, and the result was "bulletproof"! One word
of caution: make sure your material is properly aligned cause you won't move
it once it makes contact with the Lockwood stuff!

Good luck,
    Carl