David Kellogg's new racer

To: Alpine Digest <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: David Kellogg's new racer
From: steven silverstein <milano164@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:41:25 -0500
I just returned from seeing David Kellogg's new Series II Alpine which he
will be driving and racing in the up coming seasons.  This is
a really neat car - Doug Mays raced in the 60's and early 70's in the West
and it has a great history with all the documentation. (not to mention -
rust free)

The SCCA logbook and diary is fascinating to look through.  There must be
about
15 or so races from the 70's documented with lap times, setup, jetting,
timing
etc.   The notebook contains all of Doug's notes and drawings for
his fabricated pieces going back into the 60's.   Even the engineer's report
for the rollbar.

David should have a GREAT time with this car.   It has a few things that
need
to be taken care of but we might finally see a big fin Alpine racing on the
East Coast.

BTW, this car appears to be a French "assembled" car.  It has ID and build
plates from
Rootes in France.   Was this car really assembled in France?   Did they do
that?
Hmmm... if so... we should have a great time at French car day at the Museum
of Transportation...

I should have images posted to the racing website of David's new Alpine
in the very near future and perhaps some of Doug's notebook documents.

Steve Silverstein