Re: License Plates

To: wiencek@anl.gov, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: License Plates
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:52:32 EST
Tom,

You'll find most plates with "ALPINE" will be gone.  I had to pick "MY ALP
2".  I got my regular plates and then started to try and pick out something
special.  Be VERY wary of "antique" vehicle plates here in Illinois.  There
are specific rules about using a car with these on it.  The vehicle can be
driven to/from shows and events, parades, etc... but NOT for just cruising
around.  A buddy of mine (70 years old) almost got a ticket several times for
driving around in his 66 Mustang with antique vehicle plates, to/from golf,
stores, ect...  The cops can be a problem.

Gary Strom