Structural reinforcement

To: Alpine list <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Structural reinforcement
From: Dan Amidon <damidon@gilsongfx.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:00:04 -0500
Hello all,
I have a question for those of you who have an Alpine that actually is
driveable.
I have only driven mine once about 15 years ago. Since then it sat in a
field for about 12 years. I am now trying to make it come alive!
Anyway I have the car on its side while I am cutting out rusted parts of
the floor and frame, and I am fabricating and welding in new panels and
pieces.
Now for my question - I have read that the Alpine is a fairly stiff good
handling car. If you could, is there any place on the car that you would
reinforce and make stronger? Now is the time for me to do this.
Also, there is a small sheet metal square piece (about 3-4" square) on
the bottom of the car, just behind the front "X" part of the frame. Is
there any real use to this part??
Thanks for all of your input.
Dan Amidon
Getting ready for the Sunbeam Invasion 2005