safety gas tanks

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: safety gas tanks
From: "Brent Edinger" <banana111@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:19:49 -0800
Hello everyone, I agree the gas tanks are not safe. I was rear ended in my
Tiger once by a small pick-up truck. The impact didn't seem too bad, bent in
the bumper and the lower valance, but it damaged the cross pipe and both
vehicles were sitting in a lake of gas. Could have had a large fire but I was
lucky. Now I have a fuel safe fuel cell sitting on the trunk floor. The only
trouble is loss of trunk space and nowhere for the spare tire. I'm trying to
find a space saver spare that will fit where the old gas tanks were.
                           Brent Edinger