several questions

To: Alpine Discussion List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: several questions
From: Bill Mounce <bmounce@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:15:47 -0500
I am back from a weekend of working on the SV; I seem to be clotting
properly.  A few unrelated questions have popped up:

On the underhood part of the engine compartment where the hood latch and
ID plate are (the scuttle?) I have two aluminum plates on either side.
What went there?  Rubber stops for the hood?  I have two down by the
hinges, and assume two more go up at the top where the latch is.  Are
these available?

Was there a  trim piece (rubber) that ran around the vertical lip of the
engine compartment?

By the way, I yanked the two gas tanks and related hardware.  Man, I
haven't seen gunk like that since my landlady's cooking!  I'm glad I did
it now, I am getting it all boiled out and sealed.

Thanks, Bill