Re: RV Mirror Question

To: <CANISDOG@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RV Mirror Question
From: "Andy Devoe" <andydevoe@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:34:42 -0800
Paul, I had the same questions and challenges you did.  I drilled out the
rivets on the back of the mirror.  Be careful, there is a sprung piece of
metal wrapped around the ball of the stem.  This sprung metal is what keeps
tension on the stem ball.  The mirror is sealed/glued to the mirror back.
Be careful - prying & pushing should dislodge the mirror.  Soaking in
mineral spirits may loosen the adhesive.  My mirror was cracked, so I had
new glass installed, but I could not locate convex glass.  Regular straight
glass is installed now and it looks and works very well.  The stem is
re-chromed.  The mirror back is a wrinkle finish powder coat.  I replaced
the rivets with stainless steel screws, washers & nuts.

Andy Devoe
Series II B9119872