Re: Manifold Gasket

To: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Subject: Re: Manifold Gasket
From: jumpinjan <servaij@cris.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:58:51 -0800
Brent Kasl wrote:

> What is the performance difference between a two piece metal-fiber
> manifold gasket and the single piece fiber only gasket? Thanks Brent

Brent,
        There is no performance difference. I always wondered why Rootes used
the metal stamped gasket plus the fiber one. I think it is because one
can remove and replace the intake manifold without damaging the fiber
manifold gasket. Usually, I remove the intake manifold to perform work
on the engine components to include the generator and starter and I'm
sure the Rootes dealers did the same. So, when installing the metal
gasket, you want to place the dimples out. In that way, the dimples can
act as the seal against the intake manifold.
Jan
--