overdrive electronics

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: overdrive electronics
From: LOsoccer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:03:29 EST
I'm getting close with the overdrive.  I know I've asked this question
before, but I simply may not get it.  Does the switch on the steering column
automatically return to the off position or is the light an indication that
the driver must turn the switch to off?  If that is true what does the relay
switch do?  If the on/off switch on the transmission turns the overdrive off
can I wire from the on/off to the switch on the column?  Never having driven
my alpine or anyone else's with an overdrive I don't know how its supposed to
act.

Thanks

David   alpine III