Dipping Alpine bodies in Canada

To: "'Alpine List'" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dipping Alpine bodies in Canada
From: Eddie Donovan <Eddie.Donovan@PWGSC.GC.CA>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:05:06 -0500
I don't want to stretch this out any more than it has already been so here
goes. I have spent a good deal of time in the last several weeks looking for
shops that would "dip" my Alpine bodies. There had not been a lot of
locations identified, other than the shop that Ian & Co. uses, that could do
this work. Redi-Strip, in the Vancouver area had been identified as the only
other location.

I have found another (thanks to a hint from John Slade)! There is a shop
called "Techno Strip" in Brampton (just outside Toronto), Ontario, that also
does this work. Their website is  http://technostrip.com/  and their
telephone number is (905)459-6196. Their page on auto restoration starts
with: "If you are restoring a car, we have a battery of 20 ft long, 8 ft
wide and 6 ft deep dipping tanks that will remove paint and rust from
miscellaneous steel and aluminium parts...". There is an older newspaper
article on the site that lists their prices to be in the range of $800 -
$1,200 CDN ($500 to 800 USD) so given the normal increase of costs over time
it should be comparable to prices that Ian and others have quoted.

Now to work out the mode and costs of shipping the stripped down Alpine to
Brampton.

Eddie Donovan
Carlsbad Springs, Ontario
Canada
Series II, 1961 - B9108405 LRX -    Being restored
Series II, 1961 - B9104430 ODLR - Future project