Re: [Distributors]

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Distributors]
From: ellis838@concentric.net
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 22:11:13 -0500
Here is another distributor story, well I first thought that is what it
was. The timing on my Alpine would advance it self about 10 degrees all
on its own. I would set it and then rap it up and put the light back on
it and be at 23 plus. Put it back to 13 and later it would be 23 no
flutter rock solid. Decided it was the weight sticking and got my box of
distributors out and used the best bits out of three for my this one has
to be good distributor. While I was lining up the timing marks to swap
distributors I noticed the damper would turn a bit with out turning the
crank. Shortly after that I noticed I did not bend the locking tabs to
hold the damper bolt resulting in a loose bolt and a cracked damper.....Jim