Re: The Animals in an Alpine USA Tour

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Animals in an Alpine USA Tour
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:04:31 EST
In a message dated 12/6/01 10:18:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
peter.noonan@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< Who can advise an exact date for The Animals USA Tour 1964 or 65?

 I spotted film footage of Eric Burdon and The Animals cruising New York
 City, Brooklyn Bridge etc in a white Alpine with a bold promo attached to
 the doors. >>

Are you sure it was an Alpine?  I think that may have actually been an early
Tiger publicity stunt by Rootes (Tigers = Animals,etc), It sounds similar to
the introduction of the Tiger to the motoring press, where Rootes assembled
the reporters in a large tiger cage.

Dick Sanders