Re: [Re: Fw: Replacement Battery ? ]

To: Jason Raser <jasonraser@yahoo.com>, Bill Blue
Subject: Re: [Re: Fw: Replacement Battery ? ]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 4 Dec 2001 14:09:54 EST
To my great surprise, I have had very good luck with the cheapest batteries
around.  As long as the car isn't driven alot (and therefore started alot),
the cheap batteries seem to stand up very well.  The battery in Hillman
Avenger was a $25 special at Advance Auto Parts (been in for 3 years) and the
one in my '59 Minx was also a cheap one (been in for over 5 years).  You can
buy red and gold "Lucas" labels to stick on them from Moss Motors.

HOWEVER, in my regular use cars I buy the best one I can find and if I planned
to use either of my Hillmans on a daily basis, I would go for the highest
cranking amp battery that would physically fit in the battery tray (this would
also be the most expensive).  The difference in cranking amps is notable-cheap
small batteries are around 300 while the big ones are over 900.

Jan Eyerman (in somewhat cold Northern New Jersey where it can a little below
zero in the winter)

Jason Raser <jasonraser@yahoo.com> wrote:
My father was an RV dealer for 30 years and swore by
marine batteries.  He put them in all his cars.  He
also swore by Interstate batteries.  When I bought a
Die Hard from Sears two years ago he gave me a hard
time.