Re: Sunbeam on National TV

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sunbeam on National TV
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:29:28 EST
In a message dated 11/28/01 5:00:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
damidon@gilsongfx.com writes:

<< Last night while working out in the garage on my Series 3 GT, I was
 watching - listening to the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. I forgot who he
 was interviewing, but the actor mentioned that he was a fan of the old
 show Get Smart. Jay Leno said, "Yea, that's the show where Don Adams
 drove the Sunbeam Tiger".

 Hey, it is not often that Sunbeam is mentioned on national TV.

 Dan >>

Leno once owned a Tiger, and has mentioned it at least once on the Tonight
Show several years ago.  His guest that time remembered Jay driving him
around - scarig the heck out of him - in his Tiger.  I've read that Leno even
attended a few Tiger club meetings in his pre-Tonight Show days (C.A.T.?)
before donating the car to charity.

Dick Sanders