Re: Engine Stabilizer Option

To: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Stabilizer Option
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:23:36 -0800
Brent Kasl wrote:

> Looking through Chris McGoverns book on the Alpine, I noticed an engine
> stabilizer that supports the engine to the firewall. This appears
> effective in holding vibration front to back, but most engines move from
> side to side and was wondering the overall effectiveness of it.
> Comments? Brent

The purpose of the engine stabilizer is exactly in its name, to stabilize
the
engine.  The means to keep it from moving, which will slosh the fuel
in the float bowls, and to provide a rigid power transmision to the wheels.
If done right, it will vibrate the fillings out of your teeth when you are
driving.  So you have to ask yourself what vibration you want to elliminate?

Jarrid Gross