SAOCA

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: SAOCA
From: "Russ Eshelman" <RussE@Firstva.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:37:16 -0500
Hi All,   I thought I would throw my 2cnts worth in.   I don't feel that Ian
needs "me" to defend him, however, as a board member, I "do" applaud and
support him and the rest of the board of members.  I own a number of Sunbeam
Alpines, 2 Hillmans, and a Talbot, I am a Member of TE/AE, SAOC (UK), STAR
(U.K.), and now SAOCA. Obviously I can not physically participate very much
in the two UK based clubs, but I none-the-less support them too, in a
limited capacity. I don't see it as renouncing my loyalty or support to any
of these other clubs by being a member of SAOCA, rather, just another road
to travel, to meet new people, and to explore our "Rootes" (pun intended).
The SAOCA Invasion is in the Spring and the TE/AE United is in the Fall, I
don't see this as being a conflict of events, and I certainly don't see the
SAOCA draining the West Coast,  or any other geographical area of all of
it's Alpine support the other 51 weeks of the year. I think there is enough
interest to support a new Alpine club, but at the same time, a club is only
as good as it's member support,  and the willingness of it's leaders to
lead, and I personally don't see where any other Sunbeam Club should feel
threatened, and if you do, I think there may be other issues involved
within.
thank you for your time.  Russ Eshelman