Re: Webers

To: "sunbeam foro" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Webers
From: "Javier Alamo" <jalamo@servidor.unam.mx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:00:04 -0600
Tom,
 I am using a single, double corps DCOE40 and the manifold is "home made" by
me. At the beginning I put direct tubes, but the torque is drop at lower
RPMs. After this experience I install in the middle one horizontal chamber
to work like a plenum to compensate the long of tubes, the torque is much
much better at lower RPMs but it decrees at about 5000 RPM, I suppose by
turbulence, but I prefer torque at lower range. May be if you want both is
better install a twin with very short tubes, of course more expensive and
difficult to install.
My engine is a 1725, but when I opened at 1850, with polished rods,
crankcase, cutting shirt of pistons and all balanced, no big difference
because is limited by the original carbs, I change at Weber and wow! A lot
of difference.
Jets and emulsion change according with the engine capacity and with
altitude, I drive between 7500 to 8000 feet's SLA, because I live in one of
the most higher areas of Mexico City, I think the better is essay, essay and
essay until find the better according with your style of driving or
requirements.
You will can tune-up very well with the information of Haynes workshop
manual for Weber carburetors.
Ah. I need to change the cross tube for suspension rigidity, and the point
of attachment in the front side, I install a thinner tube but in high
resistance steel.
Regards
Javier