Re: [Re: [Re: Shelby Alpine? :-)]]

To: bmounce@bellatlantic.net, Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: Shelby Alpine? :-)]]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 12:48:27 EDT
Thanks!!!  I will be smiling all day thinking about Mennonite auto
restorations!

Jan Eyerman

bmounce@bellatlantic.net wrote:
Is the restorer a Mennonite?  We have a lot of cars with black bumpers here
in
Pennsylvania, driven by the Mennonites.  They are similar to the Amish, but
will
use some modern conveniences, but nothing flashy.  I suspect this is a
Mennonite
Sunbeam restoration job.  He probably stays away from Jags and other flashy
cars,
and specializes in Rootes products.  You can spot a Mennonite restoration job
by
the absence of the radio and ashtray.  Often the rear seat is removed to
accomodate bales of hay.

Hope this helps, Bill