German V-6 (ebay)

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: German V-6 (ebay)
From: Alexander Adan <adadan@sfsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:27:06 -0800
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let anybody who was interested know that I decided
against the old-stock 2.0 liter german V-6 motors from ebay for my
Series IV.  The lady handling the deal is very nice and she still has a
bunch of them as far as I know, but it was going to be $200-$250 to ship
one from Los Angeles to Sacramento, which just doesn't seem
cost-effective compared to other options.  Since I don't have the time
or spare money right now to rent a truck and get four or five of them at
once (not to mention a place to put them), I've decided to avoid the
hassle of the swap and stay stock.  If anybody else is interested let me
know, I've still got her email address, and I'd be happy to pass it on.

Thanks,

Alex Adan