International Money Orders

To: Message Alpine <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: International Money Orders
From: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: 06 Aug 2001 11:12:08 -0500
I thought I would share my experience with getting a money order in a foreign
currency.  It is quite easy.  Just go to your local post office (USA) and ask
for an international money order.  The fee is $8.50 (much better than the $15
my bank was charging.) and they can be issued for up to $700.  The post office
will give you a receipt and you mail it to an address in St.Louis.  They will
mail the money order directly to the person in the foreign country.  The catch
is that is takes 4-6 weeks according the the form!!  (We shall see if this is
true.)