More on V-6 Conversions

To: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Subject: More on V-6 Conversions
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:23:58 -0700
Or, for those of you considering a V-6 conversion, you could save time,
trouble, money, sweat and blood and buy my '65 SIV GT V6.  It's for sale
as of right now.  The asking price is $4800.00.
It's located in San Diego.
Smitty worked with me on the swap, so the welds are Nuclear Power Plant
quality.
The car has the Joe Rodriguez swap kit (headers and such).
It's got the 2.8 liter V6.  We've rebuilt the carb, put in a high volume
oil pump and installed a kickdown cable to the transmission.
The transmission is a 1985 Ford A4LD 4 speed automatic. It was rebuilt
at the time of the swap, and a transmission cooler was installed.
The rear axle is unmodified (got grade 8 bolts in the ring gear)Alpine
with a 4.22 gearset (takes off quick and turns about 32-3400 rpm at 65.
Front crossmember completely rebuilt and re-bushed by Smitty in 2000.
Brakes and Vacuum Booster were rebuilt by Smitty.
Wheels were powdercoated in 2000.
New tires were purchased in 2000.
Weatherstripping is new.
Window mechanisms were rebuilt in 2000. Interior door panels were
replaced and re-upholstered at that time.
Instruments were all cleaned and/or rebuilt.  All work.
Since GT's were not manufactured with convertible tops, this hasn't got
one, but there is a new tonneau cover.
A rear swaybar was installed and the front bar upgraded.
The car is kept garaged and is used as a daily driver.  I've put about
15,000 miles on it since we bought it--at least 12,000 since the swap.
The paint is an older respray that will hold up for a few more years and
has been polished regularly.
The interior could use a carpet kit and some re-upholstery on the seats,
but will last a few more years before reaching critical mass.
We bought a tiger two weeks ago and I flat just don't have room for
both, so instead of owning the Alpine for the next 10 years as I'd
planned, it's got to go, and I'd like it to go to an Alpine lover who'll
give it a good home.

Sadly,

David Sosna
'65 S4 GT V6 (for sale)