Re: [Re: [Re: Sunbeam Venezia]]

To: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>, Jan Eyerman
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: Sunbeam Venezia]]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 4 Jul 2001 18:19:46 EDT
Ian,

As I remember, this was in 1974 or so and the car needed TLC.  It was dark
green with a black interior.  The interior was worn and it needed paint.  If
Robert's was green at one point and had a black interior (hopefully replaced
by now) it is possible that these are the same car, especially as there were
very few of these cars in the USA.  I know I asked the owner how it got to New
York City from Italy, but I do not remember what he told me.  I first learned
of Venezias from the 1966 World Car catalog (at the library).

Jan Eyerman

Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org> wrote:
Robert Jaarsma owns one and he's on the East coast. Perhaps it's the
same car?

Jan Eyerman wrote:

> Yes, it is in the August-September issue (#92).  I was offered a Vanazia
back
> in teh early seventies for $1,000 and turned it down!  DUMB!!! However,
that
> means there was one in the New York City area (this car was in Manhattan)
back

--
Ian Spencer <www.sunbeamalpine.org>
'61 Series II Alpine B9104704 LRX