Re: [re: A Food Funny]-OFF TOPIC

To: Ian Spencer <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Subject: Re: [re: A Food Funny]-OFF TOPIC
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 09:00:07 +1000
"Limey" is apparently from the English navy practice of carrying limes or other
citrus fruit to prevent scurvy (Vitamin C). I have often heard Aussies calling
eachother 'happy little Vegemites'; it's often used sardonically to a grumpy
person - 'Gee you're a happy little Vegemite today!'  Aussies have a rhyming
slang
word for Yanks which is kind of food based but I don't want to offend my
American
friends on the list by revealing it.

Call me Vic "Dogs Eye" Hughes  (Dogs Eye being rhyming slang for Meat Pie, which
you eat with 'Dead Horse' - ie sauce)