Mysterious silence

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Mysterious silence
From: lauri@lorenzo.pp.fi (lauri lehtinen)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 21:45:53 +0300
My dear Mk4 don't start after winter. Sorry, it did 2 weeks ago, but now it
fires only with 1 cylinder. This same "sicness" occured just before the end
of last season, but I tought it was due to cold climate (and only 1 choke
working, I have Mk5 intake manifold with CD150s).

I have cleaned plugs and each give a spark. Plugs are wet when I open them,
and there is clear smell of petrol after starting.

2 weeks ago and last autumn it started normally when hot. I used an
electric heat blower to warm up manifold. At autumn it helped, now not. I
have not had time to change plugs, I try to do it monday.

Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get this old lady to warm up? I am
afraid I must change its name to "Sunbeam Frigide Mk4 Roadster"...

Larry

#auri Lehtinen
Lehtipuu Oy
Kirkonkylantie 83