bits and pieces

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: bits and pieces
From: "Rick Harrison" <beamertwo@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 00:12:21 +1000
Dear listers,

Firstly, I want to apologise for the "empty" emails that I have been sending
to the list lately. It seems my Hotmail email composer has been defaulting
to "rich text format" and majordomo does not appear to approve.

Speaking of Hotmail, I use my Hotmail account for this list as well as a
number of other things and rarely, if ever, get spam. On the other hand, my
10-year-old daughter who only uses her Hotmail account every now and then,
always, and I mean always, finds it full of very nasty junk. Fortunately she
has learnt to recognise it and deletes it without opening it. The difference
seems very odd.

Finally, I just want to say what a fine, generous bunch of people make up
this list. Not only are listers free with very good with often hard-earned
advice but are also willing to send copies of interesting articles all over
the world at what must be considerable expense. To top it off, today I
received a parcel from Tim Wilkinson in Singapore containing one brand-new
thermostat - a very generous and practical response to my recent "thermostat
woes".

This list is a great asset for sunbeam enthusiasts and I'm glad to see that
the nastiness seems to have gone - as someone once said; (or was it
sometwo?) "Be excellent to each other!"

Rick Harrison