Hot Alpines and Ceramic Coating

To: <Alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot Alpines and Ceramic Coating
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:15:45 -0500
While perusing Dave Williams site (a must read for anyone interested in
cars) I came across a little gem about ceramic coating his Capri.  Due to
the all the uncontrollable variables surrounding such an operation, Dave was
unwilling to comment on power improvement due to the coating, but did
comment on two items that are interesting.  #1 was the sudden unwillingness
of the engine to knock, and #2 was the sudden cold running nature of the
rebuilt engine.  In Dave's words, prior to the ceramic treatment, the heater
would roast a chicken.  Afterward, he had to partially block the radiator to
get the defroster to work.   Has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Dave's site can be reached at Anglefire.com/ar/dw42/index.htm    Dave has
this piece under Engine Rebuilds.  I'm sorry, but it appears my computer
does not want to present his site as a link, and I don't know how to make it
do anything Bill Gates does not tell it to do.

Bill