Warning; Rebodied cars for sale!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Warning; Rebodied cars for sale!
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:24:33 -0700
This is a warning so that other Tiger enthusaists do not get screwed like I
recently did. I just inadvertantly purchased 2 "Algers". Let me digress.

Johnny lightning recently introduced the "British Invasion" series of die cast
metal cars. One of the cars produced was the Sunbeam Alpine. People with a
keen eye for detail spotted the Tiger emblem, Rootes fender badge, and V8 logo
straightway. The box even had a picture of a Tiger on it! The car was then
offered in different colors, yet it was still sold as an Alpine in Tiger
livery. No big deal.
This is where the problem begins. I bought two of them last night at Walmart,
and this time they were labeled as "Tigers". They sure looked like Tigers, but
I became suspicious. To quote Norm Miller, the true scope of the subtrefuge
was revealed once I flipped the cars over. From the rear, there are two
tailpipes, but once the car is flipped over, you can see that there is only
one true pipe that goes all the way to the engine! The other just starts and
ends at the trunk! It is a falsey. And the taipipe has a resonator where the
Alpine one would be, and no Tiger I have ever seen had a resonator! The oilpan
is obviously an Alpine unit, and the rear transmission mount is not a tiger,
because there is no transverse mount nor any provision for one! I couldn't
help but think that this was a very amateur attempt to convert an Alpine to a
Tiger. It worked on me, so beware. I got screwed out of my $2.98 (X2). Just
don't let it happen to you! Lou