Re: Wheels

To: robman@telocity.com
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:33:56 +1030
Rob,
I have 14x6x18P Superlites on my S3. The backs are fine with 175x65x14
tyres, the fronts sit out of the guards a little with the same tyres but
they don't foul on the bodywork or suspension.

If I was buying again, I'd go for 14x6x26P Superlites. They are shallower
dish than the 18P (less offset), so you'd need spacers on the back wheels,
but the fronts would fit better. You can't mix the two offsets either (eg
26P front, 18P back), as the casting of the boss if different, so it's
obvious they are different wheels.

Note that most US Piners have gone for 14x5.5 Miniators from VB.
Note also that S4/5 Alpines have a slightly wider front track than the early
cars, so the 18P wheels would sit out even further at the front.
Cheers,
Paul.