Re: Exploding Alpines

To: "Barbara Blue" <the_blues@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Exploding Alpines
From: lauri@lorenzo.pp.fi (lauri lehtinen)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:41:13 +0300
I was in a crash a couple of years ago with my Mk4. An Alfa hit me at the
back; I could see it by mirror, but could not steer on the greenie between
the highway lanes. That Alfa hit with its left half to my right half, so
the greatest impact was straight to the middle of the trunk.
Both fender tanks were unharmed, but the big hose between them (in the
valance) got a big hole and all gasoline felt the call of the gravitation
and run on the tarmac.
With a single cigarette my dear little Alpine would have turned into a
pyre. Thank god nowadays people smoke less and less.

#arry

#auri Lehtinen
Lehtipuu Oy
Kirkonkylantie 83