Re: [Brake parts]

To: "Andy Boetticher" <aboetticher@home.com>,
Subject: Re: [Brake parts]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 13 Jan 2001 18:06:04 EST
Of all the things bolted together on a Rootes car, the rear hubs to the axle
shafts have to be the absolute tightest! I don't think the welds on the car
hold together as well.

Jan

"Andy Boetticher" <aboetticher@home.com> wrote:
The rear end rebuild and conversion to bolt on hubs keeps running into snags.
Currently, one of my axle/hub assemblies is down at a machine shop under a 3
ton load in what is starting to look like a feeble attempt to separate the
old
hub from the axle.  I've got a spare axle, and can get a new axle bearing,
but
I don't have a spare brake backing plate or the piece that the oil seal
mounts
in (basically everything sandwiched between the hub and the bearing.  I also
need a replacement brake cylinder.  All parts are for a S I/II rear end.  I
don't suppose anyone in the Seattle area would have any extras?

Thanks,

Andy