Re: [Re: Alpine sighting]

To: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>, GSTROM99@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Re: Alpine sighting]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 7 Jan 2001 22:30:33 EST
It was sold in England as a Sunbeam Rapier, some parts manuals list parts for
it as a Rapier Series VI.  The Chrysler parts manuals list it as a Model
K-GT.

Jan Eyerman
Past owner of 3 1969 Alpine GT's.

Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
Does it look kind of like a smaller version of a Plymouth Barracuda?  If so
it
is a sort of fastback Hillman Hunter (or "new Minx").  One of the first badge
enginnering products of the Chrysler takeover of Rootes it is based on the
proven Rootes mechanicals like the 1725 motor. It would be late 1960's/early
1970's in age.  Some people call them the "Alpine Series 6" although I don't
think they were sold under that name. They were also called sunbeam Rapiers
in
some markets.

Take a look att
http://www.motorbase.com/search/show-vehicle.ihtml?vehicleID=1202

Is that what it is?

Cheers

Vic Hughes

GSTROM99@aol.com wrote:

> On a road trip today to deliver my Formula car to it's new owner (Dennison,
> IL near Terre Haute, IN), I stumbled across a Sunbeam Alpine GT.  Out of
the
> corner of my eye I spotted "Sunbeam" in script on the rear deck lid and had
> to stop.  It was sitting next to this country road under about 6-8 inches
of
> snow with a bunch of other abandoned looking cars (typical for southern
> Indiana/Illinois country yards...).  It is a complete white fastback, with
> Rootes/Chrysler markings, kinda different taillights and serial
#B399002822.
> I couldn't open the hood  due to the snow.   I'm no expert with these.
What