Rare Imp sighting

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rare Imp sighting
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 16:58:14 -0500
Hi guys! You aren't going to believe this. I was on my way home from
work today and what did I see.... none other than a black Imp that had
been modified into a 4x4. It was about 10 feet in the air and had big
mudder tires on it. I about drove myself into the ditch! :-)

I suspect that it is one of the two Imps that I used to own. One was a
complete driving car and the other was a parts car that came with it. I
know that the guy that I sold the good car to still has it, so I'm
willing to bet that this must be the other one. It was a fairly complete
car but it was missing the entire drive train including the front
crossmember and rear end. What else could someone do with a good solid
Imp body like that but make it into a jacked up 4x4.

I couldn't follow the guy to where he was going and I don't know who he
was. Maybe I'll run into him again and get him to bring it to the
Sunbeam Invasion this summer. Maybe we can water down one of the feilds
and do some mud runs with it! :-).....( Just kidding, I'd rather drive
it over some Tiger parts cars. Now THAT would be COOL! )