British vehicle importation to US

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: British vehicle importation to US
From: "J Arzt" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:40:05 -0600
OK, folks, here's the deal -

     Being the sick individual I am, I've purchased a 1974 Commer
Autosleeper from England. (visualize a VW pop-top camper) I've made
transport arrangements, and it looks like it should hit the port at
Baltimore on Jan 1,2001. My question is has anyone out there imported a
vehicle from the UK before? Any problems, pitfalls, etc?

     I have the DOT forms, and it's exempt due to age. Same goes for the
EPA. Everything looks OK so far, I just need to figure out how they can
stash the spares inside the vehicle!!

Any input? (Other than comments regarding my degree of sanity/insanity)

Jon Arzt

1958 Hillman Minx convertible
1961 Humber Super Snipe
1966 Humber Super Snipe estate