New Engine Oil Change Questions

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: New Engine Oil Change Questions
From: Joe Robson <absjmr@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:24:14 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

Thanks for the advise on running in my new Holbay. One thing that everyone
mentioned was an oil change at 100 and 500 miles, I've put about 150 miles
on it so far and I was going to put another 150 on it this weekend. I
guess I should change the oil and filter before I set off.

Someone recommended 30wt oil with no additives. I'm a bit of a novice over
oil types and have never come across '30wt' (could be because I'm in
England) all we have here ranges from 5w/50 to 20w/50 do any of these make
sense? Should I avoid cheap oil even though it will be changed again in
400 miles? Any particular brands people recommend?

Thanks for any advice, I feel like I am driving on eggshells at the
moment...

Joe

64 Alpine
69 Stiletto