Re: Gearbox rear seal

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox rear seal
From: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:26:00 CST
Same here, the PO had used Stag jointing paste (the pink stuff they use on
core plugs) to install the rear seal. The only way it came out was to remove
the extension housing and drive out the seal from the inside. grrrrr.

It's worth trying Jarrid's method first. Just don't be too upset if it
doesn't work.
Cheers,
Paul.
--
Pulling the seal was (in my case) a lot easier said than done.  With the
trans out of the S3 I took it to a trans expert who had the right sort of

Vic Hughes